Nova Systems has a new position for a Junior Controls Engineer for the right person. The role will be highly technical and will see an entry level engineer grow into an experienced Controls Engineer. Nova is looking for the right person to invest in for the long term.
This essential and new role is highly important to the growth of the business and requires a person who has high energy levels and a friendly and positive personality focused on results. Our ideal new team member will be technically minded with a focus on being a practical engineer as well as being grounded in theory. This essential role will drive the company in capability, competence and grow our capacity to undertake new and complex designs involving robotics, cloud-based analytics, and new process automation techniques. This person will be involved in CAD, PLC and HMI Programming, systems fabrication, Installation support and product testing.
The ideal person will want to grow in technical capability and knowledge and be prepared to undertake some early career growth training and experience in the Systems Integrator world. This role doesn’t expect the new team member to know everything on day 1, but have the ability and desire to learn it. Nova is willing to help the right candidate continue their educational journey from a 2-year degree to obtaining a bachelor’s degree through company sponsorship and training.
- Create CAD drawings using Promis-e.
- Create Bills of Material and assist in generating parts lists and estimated costs.
- Build controls panels and help develop and execute product test plans.
- Support senior engineers in design and develop of complex equipment.
- Support service calls by going onsite at a customer location and participate in debugging and repairing systems.
- Be apart of a training plan and education program in controls engineering.
- 2 Year Technical degree required- preferably in Electrical and/or Controls Engineering.
- 0-2-year general engineering experience is preferred but not essential.
- Driver’s license and personal vehicle essential.
This position is ideally suited to a person who wants to join a company for multiple years and be capable and desires to undertake professional training and growth over a 2-4-year period. Nova wants a person to invest in and grow into a competent engineer with a structured approach of on the job training and formal education. Nova will offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a flexible working environment to the right candidate.