We are looking for a self-starter and dynamic PLC Controls Engineer with a “figure-it-out” mind set to join our small engineering team involved in new control systems development, upgrades and service call support. This a key role within Nova Systems and has responsibility for the implementation and oversight of control systems technical aspects as assigned by the Technical Team Lead or Project Manager.
3-5 years’ experience of control systems design and development of controls from the plant floor to the top floor enterprise connectivity. 3-5 years’ experience supporting customer site service calls.
- Support the Project Manager in delivering systems on time and within cost constraints.
- Design, specify, and configure control systems and components including power components for new controls systems and retrofits comprising PLCs, HMIs, Servo Drives, VFD’s, DC Drives, sensors etc.
- Help in the development of proposals and be a technical resource for the business development team.
- Experience of programming and specifying products from B&R, Omron, ABB, Rockwell, and others.
- Create custom PLC/HMI code.
- Generate initial BOM’s and give direction to CAD drafters and occasionally complete CAD work.
- Develop and execute test plans and record results and resolve issues before system delivery.
- Conduct offsite system commissioning and fault finding.
- Occasionally select and supervise contractors and suppliers as needed.
- A sense of ownership and urgency on own work assignments leading to the use of discretion and self judgement to accomplish tasks is required for this role.
- Be available to the fabrication team to be able to resolve problems encountered during the fabrication and install of systems.
- Generate documentation for systems.
- Work and feel comfortable working and engaging directly with customers at a customer location.
- BS degree required.
- 3-5 years design, implementation and test experience required.
- Must have CAD experience for control panel and schematic generation.
- Bentley Promis.e preferred
- PLCs & HMI’s– IEC61131-3 Programming experience required.
- Experience of SCADA, IIoT, Edge device configuration, remote connectivity and diagnostics highly preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding the application of UL508, UL508A, and CE for industrial controls design required.
- Experience managing projects on time and on budget required.
- Must be able to convey technical vision clearly and simply to management.
- Must have good technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Robotics experience a strong plus.